- Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you;
- when you contact us for help;
- when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
- when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
- Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
- sell or transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
- Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
- Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, our Company is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. Our Company and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
- Links. We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining everyone’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
- Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which our Company or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. European Union or Swiss individuals may refer to the Privacy Shield Statement below with regard to the transfer of their personal data.
- Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
- Children’s Privacy
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Our Company does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Contacting Us
Privacy Shield Statement
This Privacy Statement outlines our general policy and practices for implementing the Principles, including the types of information we gather, how we use it and the notice and choice affected individuals have regarding our use of and their ability to correct that information.
- A) Definitions
“Personal Data” means information that
(1)is transferred from other regions of the world to the United States;
(2) is recorded in any form;
(3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
- B) Principles
AATS, INC. may receive Personal Data from its own personnel as well as from its affiliates and other parties located in the EU/EEA or Switzerland. Such information may contain, but is not limited to name (fist and last name), position, address, email address, phone number, login credentials, human resources data and transaction information and may be about customers, clients of customers, business partners, acquisition targets, potential buyers consultants, employees, and candidates for employment and includes information recorded on various media as well as electronic data.
Other than its own human resources data, AATS, INC. generally does not collect Personal Data directly from individuals. AATS, INC. , however, acting as a data processor may receive Personal Data via its customers. AATS, INC. executes data processing agreements with such customers which set out the parties’ obligations and responsibilities to comply with the Principles. AATS, INC. will cooperate with its customers to enable them to comply with the Principles, to the extent a Principle is applicable to AATS, INC.
Whenever AATS, INC. processes Personal Data, AATS, INC. complies with the Principles (as each Principle is applicable to AATS, INC. ’s role):
- Choice. Individuals can choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a non-Agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Sensitive Personal Information, AATS, INC. will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-Agent third party or for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. AATS, INC. shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information. Agents, technology vendors and/or contractors of AATS, INC. or affiliated companies may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of AATS, INC. or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for AATS, INC. or as otherwise required by law.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer. Prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. AATS, INC. shall ensure that any third party to which Personal Data may be disclosed agrees in writing to provide the same level of privacy protection as set forth in this policy.
The AATS, INC. ’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, AATS, INC. remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless AATS, INC. proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, AATS, INC. shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
- Access. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, AATS, INC. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, AATS, INC. commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us at:
9175 Elk Grove Florin Road, Suite 5
Elk Grove, CA 95624
- Human Resources Data. If your complaint involves human resources data transferred to the United States from the EU and/or Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship, and AATS, INC. does not address it satisfactorily, AATS, INC. commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPA Panel) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and to comply with the advice given by the DPA panel and/or Commissioner, as applicable with regard to such human resources data. To pursue an unresolved human resources complaint, you should contact the state or national data protection or labor authority in the appropriate jurisdiction.
Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
- Non-Human Resources Data. AATS, INC. has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumersfor more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint was not resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
- C) Amendments
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
- D) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of AATS, INC. that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: December 14, 2018.